The topic of my article is 5G and IoT. 5G stands for the fifth generation of cellular networks and IoT stands for the internet of things. In this article here is all information about 5G and the internet of things.
This article contains some headings which are like, the introduction of 5G and IOT, full description about 5G network and IOT, why we need 5G and IOT and which way they are useful for us, advantages of these technologies, drawback of using these technologies, and also how is 5G useful for IoT, this article contains all these topics which explain all about 5G and IoT. At the end of the article, there is a small conclusion of this article which is 5G and IoT technology.
5G and IoT
5G is the fifth generation of the network. It is a global wireless mobile network that is designed after 4 generations of mobile networks. This network contains more reliability, more speed, more availability, and high performance in comparison to those old four generations of mobile networks.
The last four generations of mobile networks are 1G, 2G, 3G, and 4G. In these networks 1,2,3,4 stands for first, second, third, and fourth. These are the last four generations of the network, which are not so fast, reliable as the fifth generation of the network.
IoT stands for the internet of things. As the name describes that these things are connected to the internet, so these things are machines or any electronic device, when they connect to the internet then it becomes easy to send any data from one place to another over a wireless network called the internet. The Internet of things is pretty simple as it means that all the physical entities or things connecting them to the internet.
DESCRIPTION OF THESE TECHNOLOGIES (5G AND IOT):
5G is the latest and fifth generation of cellular networks. It is faster than any other generation of network. 5G has many qualities which were not in other networks, but also 5G has some other functions which are very important and useful for us.
If we talk about in which ways it is used and necessary then those types are: there are three main types like connected services, including enhanced mobile broadband, second is mission-critical communications and the third one is massive IoT.
- Enhance mobile broadband, it is for making our smartphones better. 5G technology can provide users with a faster network, lower latency, and low cost-per-bit.
- Mission-critical communication, 5G can provide new services that can transform our industries with extra reliability, more availability, and low latency for remote control of critical infrastructure in vehicles and medical procedures.
- Massive IoT, in IoT devices are connected to the network virtually. The 5G is used to connect a massive number of embedded sensors virtually. 5G is very useful for IoT, it is a service that is used to connect all the physical things to the internet, so for connecting all of them it needs a very high quality, very fast, and more available network.
WHY DID WE NEED THESE TECHNOLOGIES:
At this time there is a need for the fastest technologies for completing the tasks. 5G is the fastest technology that can be used for not only sending and receiving data but it is also used to connect all physical devices through the internet. 5G is faster than previous network generations, it can provide low latency, it provides those services that other previous generation’s networks were unable to.
IoT is an internet of things, it connects all devices to the network, so it becomes easy to work through an internet connection, in the past time when there is no internet connection then it was hard to send data from one place to another, but with the internet of things, it has become very easy, because it has the service to connect all the devices through the internet.
ADVANTAGES OF 5G:
- Increased bandwidth for all users: 5G provides increased bandwidth for all users in old networks some 3G or 2G users can not use uninterrupted data in the crowd but 5G provides this service to all the users that they can use their network without any interruption.
- Fastest network: it is the fastest network, it provides the fastest service to all the users.
- Low latency: 5G provides low latency that optimizes to process a very high volume of data messages with minimum delay.
ADVANTAGES OF IOT:
- Easy to access: Being everything connected to it becomes easy to access everything from one place it does not need to go anywhere else. Without any person’s help, we can check the map using google maps, we can book tickets over the internet.
- Better time management: With the help of IoT time management becomes easy, we can do almost all the things with the palm and of our hands, we do not have to waste time on them.
- Saving money: another main advantage of IoT is saving money. IoT is mainly used for ads that are not so costly as physical ads.
- What is Internet of Things (IoT)
- What is Cloud Computing | Know Everything About it
- What is the Internet and who owns it
DRAWBACK OF 5G and IOT:
- Devices requirement and integration: 5G and IOT both are new technologies. For using these technologies you should have updated devices too. 5G is a hundred times faster than the 4G network. To use 5G on your smartphone or on other devices you should have the required functionalities on your device.
- Cost: It may require a lot of costs. All devices which support these technologies are very expensive. For IoT, it requires many devices to connect over the internet, so the setup of this connection is also very costly.
- Data security at risk: This all data passes through the internet via air waves, so it may be loss of data or the security is at risk. It is not fully secure.
- Time-consuming: In IOT there is a connection of so many devices to a single network or with multiple networks. It may be time consuming in performing the required process. Being connected with many devices will become slow, which is a drawback of the internet of things.
This article is all about 5G and IOT which stands for the fifth generation of wireless mobile networks and the internet of things. These latest technologies are being used everywhere, they are also very popular among industries, organizations, and also for personal use. These technologies made our work fast and easy. I hope this article will be very useful for you to understand 5G technology and the internet of things. I have tried a lot to give you more information about these technologies.