A Wireless network is a connection of electronic devices without any physical medium or any type of cable. In wireless network systems data is transmitted and received by radio waves over the air.
In this article, there is the introduction of wireless network, types, and features of wireless network, importance, and use of wireless network and also some benefits of wireless network and some disadvantages with suitable examples. This article will be very helpful to you if you want to read about wireless networks.
A network is a connection of devices for communication. With the help of a network, we can connect devices for sharing information, data, images, graphics, and many more. In other types of networks, there is some physical medium like wires which connect the devices. In wireless networks, there is no physical medium between the devices but in it, data is transmitted over radio waves or electromagnetic waves.
Wireless networks are the networking system we use in our daily life, like our WiFi network and Bluetooth. These are the ways which are commonly used for the internet connection.
TYPES OF WIRELESS NETWORKS
Usually, there are four types of networks.
1 . PAN (Personal area network)
2 . LAN (Local area network)
3 . MAN (Metropolitan area network)
4 . WAN (Wide area network)
These all above types of networks are wired and may be wireless.
A Wireless Personal area network is a network that is provided for individual workspace. A single user can connect their devices over it. examples of wireless personal area networks are cell phone headsets, wireless keyboards, wireless mice, Bluetooth, game consoles, etc.
A Wireless Local area network is a network that is used for wireless communication in a limited area such as schools, computer laboratories, college campuses, offices, etc. examples of WLAN or wireless local area networks are wi-fi and routers. Connecting devices such as smartphones and laptops with wi-fi in homes or offices, sharing personal hotspots with other devices, are Wireless LAN networks.
A Wireless Metropolitan area network is a network that is used throughout the city. The range of WMANs is more than 100 meters which is more than WLANs but less than WWANs. Any person can not access Wireless Metropolitan area networks, WMANs are accessed by the government or any other large community authorities. If it has any wi-fi network for all people of the city or for the big community of the people it comes under the Wireless metropolitan area network. WiMax is an example of a Wireless Metropolitan area network.
A Wireless Wide area network is a form of a wireless network. WWANs ranges are larger than WLANs and also WWANs. Wireless Wide area networks include a very large area, larger than a city or a combination of many cities. Many 2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G wireless networks are examples of Wireless wide area networks.
IMPORTANCE AND USE OF WIRELESS NETWORKS
Wireless networks are very useful for networking. They play a very useful role in networking. There is some important use of wireless networks.
- The best use of wireless networks is that we can move our connected devices freely around that area where wireless networks are present.
- A Wireless network allows connecting laptops, mobile phones, desktops, etc.
- It provides network access across the area of our office, school, college, and organization, even in areas also where it is difficult to reach with a wired network.
- It helps to connect many users to the same network or they can easily remove the network connectivity after their use without any wire or cable.
BENEFITS OF WIRELESS NETWORK OVER WIRED NETWORK
There are some benefits of wireless networks are given as follows:
- Wireless networks cover a very broad area for networking. The ranges of wireless network types are very high.
- The installation and uninstallation of devices in wireless networks is very easy, any other device can join or remove from this network simply.
- In a comparison of wired networks, wireless networks do not get interrupted quickly, sometimes in wired networks for a very large area the network gets interrupted because of wire break, or loose wire but this problem does not occur in wireless networks.
- There can be movement of connected devices in wireless networks but in wired networks, this is not possible because if there will be movement of devices then maybe disconnectivity problems occur.
- The cost of a wireless network is less than a wired network. The wireless network is a one-time investment network but in a wired network, if wire breaks then it will become costly. Changing wires many times increases the cost.
DISADVANTAGES OF WIRELESS NETWORKS
Having so many uses and benefits wireless networks have some disadvantages too. The disadvantages of wireless networks are described below:
- Wireless networks are not so secure as wired networks, there may be loss of data. The data may get lost in wireless networks because there is no described path for the destination where data is to be sent.
- Speed of wireless networks is slower than wired networks, the reason behind it is the wired networks have the right path for their destination with the help of that path described by wires or cables. Data reaches faster than wireless networks because wireless networks do not have the guidance by any physical medium to send data to the destination.
- Wireless networks used radio waves for sending or receiving data, so there may be electromagnetic interference or interruption by other radio signals.
- They can access networks in the limited range area.
- What is the Difference Between RAM and ROM?
- Huge cut in the price of Oppo Reno 7, smartphone became cheaper by Rs 3000
- Government is preparing to have only one charger for all devices like smartphones, tabs
- Security will be tighter on WhatsApp, new feature will protect your account from hacking
- Amazon Great Freedom Sale is live, these Gaming Laptops are available at a huge discount, see list
Wireless networks are the type of networks that connect devices without any wire or cable and do not need any physical medium for connection. Wireless networks are very useful for some purposes but sometimes they have some disadvantages too. These networks are less secure but not so expensive.
These networks are good for individual uses and also for some small organizations like schools, colleges, offices, and computer libraries. They have limited ranges for accessing data. Wireless networks are useful and important for this generation and for the development of technology rather than connecting devices with wires.