New Delhi. Apple unveiled its new software at the Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) that began on June 6. During this, the company introduced us iOS 16, iPadOS 16, watchOS 9, and macOS 13 or macOS. These are all available on the developer beta of the new software and you can use them if you want to be part of Apple’s developer program, but if you’re not in a hurry and can wait.
Actually, the public beta version of all these software is coming next month. Their final version will come later this year in September/October. It is worth noting that initially watchOS 9 brought new features like advanced running metrics, enhanced sleep tracking, a new addiction app, new watch faces, AFib history etc. To run this software, you must have Apple Watch 4 or the latest watch. Not only this, you should also have iOS 16 on iPhone.
Must be part of the Apple Developer Program
Please note that since this is a developer build software, it will have problems. So do not install it on your primary device. If you have a spare Apple Watch, use it. It is worth noting that in order to install watchOS 9, you will have to be a part of the Apple Developer Program, which costs $ 99 per year. If you’re not a part of the Developer Program, the first thing you’ll need to do is join. After that you can go to the next process.
Also read- Kaam Ka Baat: How To Link Credit Card To Google Pay For Digital Payment, Know
Follow these steps
1. After becoming part of the developer program, you will have to back up your Apple Watch. You will get this backup only when you back up your iPhone.
2. Now go to the Apple Developer website from your iPhone (iOS 16) and click on the two-line icon on the top left corner and sign in.
3. Then tap on the two-line icon again and select the download option.
4. Now click on ‘Allow’ to download the profile.
5. Then tap ‘Install’ in the upper-right corner and enter the passcode on your Apple Watch if you have one set up.
6. Now read the Terms and Conditions and agree and double tap on ‘Install’.
7. Now you will be asked to restart your Apple Watch.
8. After the reboot is finished, go back to the Apple Watch app, click on ‘General’ and then click on ‘Software Update’.
9. Here, you will see watchOS 9 Available. Here click on ‘Download and Install’.
10. Now make sure that your Apple Watch has at least 50 percent battery and is close to your iPhone. If the watch is hooked on, do not remove it from the charger.
Tags: Apple, Iphone
FIRST PUBLISHED : June 13, 2022, 17:03 IST