This article is on IP addressing, IP addressing IP stands for internet protocol. An IP address allows the computers to send and receive data when they are connected to the internet. In this article there are many information about IP addressing, there is an introduction of IP addressing, understanding of Ip addressing, types, there are two versions of IP address, they are also explained below, there are many advantages and also some disadvantages of IP addressing, at the end of the article there is a short conclusion of the whole article, that is IP addressing. This article contains enough information about IP addressing. If you want to know some details about IP addressing and you read this article, this will surely be very helpful for you.
IP Address Introduction:
IP address stands for internet protocol. An IP address is a unique number of every electronic device. IP addresses are in integer format and they are separate with dots. An example of an IP address is 220.127.116.11. The purpose of an IP address is to handle all communications between devices that are sending and that are receiving the information across a network.
The IP address uniquely identifies the device on the internet, without an IP address communication between devices is not possible, there is no way to contact them. An IP address is used in many ways, it is also very useful for the domain name system, with the help of an IP address domain name is created.
IP addresses are not just random numbers, they are mathematically produced upon the internet by the internet assigned number authority(IANA), which is a division of the internet corporation for assigned names and numbers(ICANN).
Understanding IP address:
There are two types of addressing provided for the devices. Logical addressing and physical addressing, logical addressing is known as IP address and physical addressing is called MAC address.
It is easy for the user to reach the IP address and it is difficult to reach and understand the MAC address of any device. For an IP address, we can say that it is a numerical address or label that is assigned to each device to show the unique identity of that device on the internet.
MAC stands for media access control, it is a unique identifier that is assigned to NIC, a network interface controller. We cannot see the MAC address of a device.
Types of IP address:
There are four types of IP addresses, public, private, static, and dynamic.
- Public– Public IP address is a local network provided by your internet service provider(ISP) for connecting your device with routers, when you connect your device with a router, it hides the IP address and connects the device. It can be directly accessed over the internet.
- Private– Private IP address is a unique address that the router assigned to your device. In a private address, data and information can be sent only within the network, not outside the network, and in the case of a public address, data and information can be sent outside of the network.
- Static IP address– Static IP addresses are static, that cannot be changed. Once it is assigned to a device it cannot change until your network architecture changes.
- Dynamic IP address– Dynamic IP address is a temporary IP address, ISP(internet service provider) provides dynamic IP address to each device, and when it is not used, it gets allocated to other devices automatically.
IP stands for Internet protocol, there are main two versions of internet protocol that exist now on the global internet. IPV4 and IPV6, IPV4 stands for internet protocol version 4 and IPV6 stands for internet protocol version 6. There are more details about IPV4 and IPV6 are explained below-
- IPV4– it is the fourth version of internet protocol, IPV4 was the first version of internet protocol developed in January 1983 on the ARPANET for the production of SATNET. The address of IPV4 is 32-bit long, as it can support 2^32 IP addresses.
- IPV6– it is the sixth version of the internet protocol, it is the latest version of the internet protocol. It was introduced 25 years ago in 1995 by the internet engineering task force. It is an internetworking protocol that enables data communication over a packet-switched network, which works on the network layer of the OSI model, the address of IPV6 is 64-bit.
Advantages of IP address:
As there are so many advantages of IP addressing and some of them are described below-
- Used for domain name creation: the main use of IP addressing is providing a domain name by using a domain name system to a site.
- It grants access to the website at any time: it is used to access the website at any time.
- Provide extra security: IP address is a unique id for every device, so can increase the security for every device.
- Provide a protection layer: IP address can be a protective layer of your website, if in some way it is getting harmful to your site you can manage and increase the security for that.
Disadvantages of IP address:
IP addressing has some disadvantages too if something has many advantages then sometimes it may also have some disadvantages, there are the following disadvantages of IP addressing-
- Cost and maintenance: IP addresses are generated and work upon the internet only, so than to send or receive data and information, you should connect your devices with the internet, and for managing local and many other things it may increase the cost of the system.
- Safety: IP address is not safe for security purposes, it may leak your important data on the internet.
- IP address conflict: this problem occurs sometimes if in the local network two devices are trying to connect with having an almost same IP address, then they both will not get connected and the system will stop or close.
- What is Business Technology | Advantage & Disadvantage
- Agricultural technology – Digital Namanji
- Whatsapp group link girl India (January 2022) – Join Now
- Share market WhatsApp group link | 100+ (January 2022) Groups
- Nagaland Whatsapp group link 100+ (January 2022) – Digital Namanji
Here is the conclusion of this article, IP addressing. In this article, there are many details about IP addressing, in this article I wrote about the introduction of IP addressing, types of it, and also IP address has some versions, they are also well explained in this article. In this, there are also some advantages of IP addresses and some disadvantages too. This article will be very helpful for you to collect information and the whole concept of IP addressing.