New Delhi. Instant messaging app WhatsApp is present in almost every smartphone today. It is the main medium of messaging and content sharing. The Status feature of WhatsApp is very popular and it is being used a lot. In Status, users can upload photos, videos, links, memes etc. WhatsApp status of a user can be seen by all those people, which includes the user’s WhatsApp contact list. A person who is not in the user’s contact list cannot see the status.
It is also not that you cannot prevent any person in your contact list from seeing your status. WhatsApp also provides this facility to its users that they can choose those users from their contacts, whom they do not want to show their status. According to the default settings of WhatsApp, your status is set to ‘Shared with all contacts’ option. Because of this, all WhatsApp contacts are able to see your status.
Also read- How to add bank account to make payment on WhatsApp, how to send money through chats
Privacy settings may change
If you want your WhatsApp status to be available only to a select few people, then WhatsApp can fulfill your wish. This option has been given in the privacy setting of WhatsApp status. You can easily change the setting of WhatsApp status.
Also Read – Work! How to add songs of your choice in Instagram Reels, it is very easy way
this is the way
- Open WhatsApp and go to Status.
- Click on the three dots at the top right.
- By doing this, the Status Privacy option will appear. Click on it.
- There are three options – ‘My Contacts’, ‘My Contacts Accepted.’ and ‘Only Share With’.
- ‘My Contacts’ means that your status can be seen by all your WhatsApp contacts.
- ‘My Contacts Accepted..’ means that if you want, you can deny certain people from seeing your status. You can choose the contacts according to you, which can be one or more.
- The ‘Only Share With’ option means that if you want to show your WhatsApp status to a select few people, then they can be selected.
- If you want to prevent certain people from seeing your WhatsApp status, click on ‘My Contacts Accept..’ and select the contacts you don’t want to show your status.
- After that click on Done. After this the privacy setting will be applied for your WhatsApp status.
Tags: portable gadgets, WhatsApp, Whatsapp status
FIRST PUBLISHED : June 17, 2022, 08:34 IST